Friday, March 7, 2014

Lent Day 3: WIGIAT? Social Media and the Wrestling Mat

During Lent, I'm going to be answering WIGIAT? Where Is God In All This? So, here goes 40 days worth of telling you where God has shown up in my life.

Today, I checked my facebook page, and saw this story linked:
losers-compassion-after-state-wrestling-match-moves-crowd/

It is a heartbreaking, yet wonderful story of compassion and care, and it comes from the wrestling mat, so it has all the required elements. And, it shows the character that so many young people that I come into contact with possess. In my opinion, the kids these days are really wonderful.

So, thank you Malik Stewart for being an image of God for me in your compassionate embrace of Mr. McKee.

And thank you to Facebook, and other social media outlets, who certainly have their flaws, but also give us the ability to share the fruit of our lives as well. 

Romans 10:14 says: How are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him?

 Today, Facebook helped make a proclamation. Have a happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment