Friday, March 28, 2014

Lent Day 21: WIGIAT? Woodpeckers

Each day during Lent, I am updating my blog, focusing on WIGIAT? or Where is God in all this?

This morning, I took Raven for a walk, and I couldn't help but notice the sound of the birds. The sound just seemed to penetrate the air. But the sound that I heard wasn't the normal tweets of song birds, but the loud drumming of at least two woodpeckers.

While the drumming was certainly different, it was music to my ears. It reminded me of how unique the woodpecker is, and though I couldn't see the ones making so much noise, it was the sound of life springing forth. The early morning drumming above all else seemed like a call to life, a call to get up and at em', a call to go and make your own joyful noise, even if it's a little different.

This is where God is, not in the sameness of all things, but in the great diversity that is creation. Yet in all this diversity, the song of life springs forth and fills our senses in the song of life. God has given us this song in the majesty of creation, and just as importantly given us ears to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment