Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lenten Prayer as CtK #home #lent2015

Prayer:
Gracious Lord,
We thank you for giving us this planet for a home. It is a home that is abundant beyond our imagination and contains beauty beyond words. Dwell with us and help us to take care of this home, so that it is a place of safety and plenty for all people, and for the many generations who will call it home after us, and let our love of this home be a reflection of your love for us. Amen

Thought:
This picture is a recent picture of the house where I spent the first 13 years of my life. Apart from the color and some small changes to the landscape, everything is much how I remember it.

While we lived in this house, the totality of this picture is my childhood home. This is where I grew up with my family, and where I had a great deal of freedom to roam, explore, and especially play. For me, my childhood home is not only the room I slept in, but also the place where I waited for the bus, the barn where the pigs lived, and the trees that would sway back and forth in the wind. Home is this place and most especially, the loved ones who I shared it with...even our dog Burt.

God has given us this earth as our home, and not only that, but continually dwells with us in every stitch of creation. Because of God's presence with us, a presence we are reminded and assured of by the waters of baptism and the bread and wine of holy communion, we know that this earthly home of ours is a holy, sacred thing, it is a gift that continues to be given to us, and it is a blessing to be a part of it. If we remember this, and learn to live into this truth, we hold onto the hope that one day our planet will be a loving, abundant home for all people.

About Lenten Prayer as CtK:
During Lent, I am inviting all of you at Christ the King, and anyone who would be willing to join us, to engage in praying together, seeking to hear God and be guided by Christ's life in our life together. To guide these prayers, I will be posting pictures centered around a word for the day. This comes from the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/LENTPHOTOADAY. Please feel free to join me in posting pictures and thoughts to your social media accounts or to the comments of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment